Re: news for Debian ?

> Hello,
> A Debian Project public statement will be issued?
> http://distrocenter.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/09/01/149211
> Maybe a DPL comment.

That would just legitimize it, IMHO.  Whatever problems exist here, it should not be one disgruntled DD and linux.com who get to define the world perception of them.

On one hand there are whatever structural problems may or may not exist within the debian community, and on the other is media spin.  I can talk about the later because even someone of my lowly position can bash on the press. Just because it's www.linux.com doesn't mean they are not going to stoop to the level of the supermarket tabloids from time to time.  Whenever there is insider gossip of some kind it seems like that's exactly what they do.

I'm just Joe user (see, that's even my name), so it's by no means my place to say what debian media policy should be. I do strongly feel that the high road would be to ignore this (the article) entirely.

As far as the other issues go, well, it sounds like strong leadership is needed.