Re: Press Anouncement preparation for Sarge r3

also sprach Joey Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2006.09.01.0857 +0200]:
> > I don't think you update against mirrors... you sync with, you
> > compare against, you run against, you change with.
>
> Well, I also update against mirrors.

Results 1 - 10 of about 11,700,000 for "update from" -site:debian.org
Results 1 - 10 of about 29,100 for "update against" -site:debian.org

> > > Rejected.
> >
> > Any reason? It's not like "online" is an overloaded word that is
> > IMHO to be avoided.
>
> Maybe I just like the text as it was before?

Nothing to get worked up over. However, I truly dislike the word
"online" and since this email comes from the Debian project, not
yourself, it's not so much your or my preferences that count...

> > I mean, a link inline with the text.
>
> No.  This is a text and not an HTML document.

So? I didn't ask there to be <a> tags. Just trying to think about
the reader...

: :'  :    proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user
`. `'`     http://people.debian.org/~madduck http://debiansystem.info

perl -e 'print "The earth is a disk!\n" if ( "a" == "b" );'
                                                   (dedicated to nori)