Re: DebianTimes

Hi,

* Alexander Schmehl (tolimar@debian.org) [060726 16:49]:
> * Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> [060725 23:06]:
> > - how many articles on rss-page? 30?
> > - do we need a scroll-back on rss? (And - is this possible at all?)
>
> My first thought is, that 30 is quite much, but on the other hand I
> don't use an rss reader, so better listen to someone who does ;)

heise.de uses 30.

> > - Which syntax for selecting categories? only "only this and that" and
> >   "all except this and that", or more complex?
>
> I don't understand that question.

only allow to say "all -A -B" or "none +A +B", or also "(A without B) or
C"? The second is more complex and would need the recommendation of an
appropriate engine.

> > - syndicate normal news (from http://www.us.debian.org/News/) into a
> >   special named category?
>
> Yes, as well as DSAs?

Counter-Argument: News might very easily overlap with other published
items.

> > - which wiki-like style to use for the articles body (should have a
> >   python-binding)?
>
> Don't care.

I neither. :)

> > - Layout?
>
> Perhaps something looking a bit like ... (big surprise) ... a Newspaper?
> With a logo of this old style looking letters?
>
> I'm not good in designing stuff... perhaps ask Neil or Meike?  If they
> have time for that?

I hoped to get good suggestions here - I'm not an layout expert either. :)

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/