Re: Upcoming Release of Debian GNU/Linux 4.0

also sprach Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [2006.07.25.0727 +0100]:
> We chatted some more about this on irc; one of the things from that
> that I think is useful is looking at the press release process as:
>
>     (1) write and edit a PR so that it says something useful

I suggest for each PR, one person is in charge, who must announce the
deadline well in advance and overlooks the editing process. S/he can
appoint another person to take over. S/he then takes care of step 2.

>     (2) publish the PR somewhere other people can see it
>     (3) promote the PR to journalists and others as appropriate
Here I suggest we establish who'll take care of what beforehand.
E.g. while I can generally help with the German and Swiss markets,
we should have 1-2 people responsible for Heise who take the job
seriously with the long-term goal to build up a good relationship
with them. The same for the other media. And I suggest we also
approach the big newspapers a bit more, they occasionally have
articles on Linux, so why not on Debian...

> Personally, I'd really love to see (4) happen via a wiki page or
> similar that keeps track of publicity Debian receives and
> associates related things together, so we can see what people are
> interested in and what sort of publicity mechanisms actually work
> for us.

Do we get www.d.o web stats for that?

`. `'`

"all unser übel kommt daher,