Re: Upcoming Release of Debian GNU/Linux 4.0

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 03:13:19PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> I cannot say I stand behind the recent announcement, which is
> a shame as it was published as being official by the Debian project,
> of which I am a member.

Andi posted his proposed text to -publicity a month ago, with the
only response afaics being from Martin Zobel-Helas. That release went
nowhere until Joey picked up the ball a couple of days ago drafting his
own announcement.

I would have expected the -publicity folks to be able to get Andi's
proposal edited and off the ground in the month before Joey did anything
-- by getting a final polished draft ready, and seeding that directly to
interested press folks at the very least; is there something preventing
that at the moment?

Given the release thing has now gone out, it might be timely to consider
doing a press release about the next debconf, and getting it done right,
rather than spending too much time castigating each other over what's
been done wrong in the past.

Cheers,
aj