Re: Proposal for public announcement for the next release update

My 2¢:

also sprach Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2006.07.23.1858 +0100]:
> The Debian project confirms December 2006 as date for the next release
> of its distribution which will be named Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 alias
> 'etch'.  It will be released synchronously for 11 architectures and
> will officially support the AMD64 architecture for the first time.

I am missing the information about which arch was dropped here...

> The upcoming release will probably be shipped with Linux 2.6.17 as
> default kernel.  This kernel will be used synchronously for all
> architectures and the installer.  At a review in October the project
> may decide upon a newer version, though.

First, it's "synchronously" used twice, and second, I am not sure
whether it's the right word, at least in the second instance. I'd
say "will be used across all architectures"

>     Espace Autogéré des Tanneries, Dijon, France
>     University of Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland

I guess you can remove the second Zürich there...

Thanks for your work on this!

`. `'`

god is dead.
    -- nietzsche