Proposal for public announcement for the next release update

Hi,

this is an experiment - I'll try to write a public text to be published
together with the next release update, so we get a better matching press
coverage. Please note that there the content is not finally signed off
(neither of the update nor of the public announcement) so it might
change till the update is sent out. Also, none of us wants pre-reports
on any media, so let's try how this works (and if you are a journalist
and happen to read it, please wait till we publish - thanks).

The release update draft is on
http://release.debian.org/release-update-200606 and the draft for the
announcement on http://release.debian.org/release-update-200606-pub (and
put below as well).

Comments, Improvements, Suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
Andi

--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/