Intro WWW pages

Hi there,

I have subscribed to this list for a few weeks but haven't seen much
serious discussion in at least a year on this list.  I see 300 people
are subscribed if http://lists.debian.org/stats/ is accurate.

One of the biggest publicity items for Debian is it's website, however
the very important /intro/ section seems less than complete to me.  I
intend to help out in this area and I wanted to see if there are others
that would like to help as well and discuss some ideas.

First, the /intro pages seem like a good place to summarize the project
and how it works.  The "Reasons to Choose Debian" is a nice list but I
feel the top three or four items should be chosen to Frame the discussion.

Second, http://www.debian.org/intro/organization could use an index near
the top of the page and some general verbage, perhaps getting input from
each section describing their fuction in two sentences.  With this extra
information splitting to say 4 pages would be worthwhile, namely main,
distribution, support/infrastructure and development.

Suggestions?

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>