Re: Press release

Joey Hess wrote:
> Don Marti wrote:
> > It would be good to check with the FTP sites and find out how many
> > unique IP addresses have downloaded the potato package list.
> >
> > Then you could say, "This is the best-tested operating system release
> > in history" and cite the total number of systems that have installed
> > potato from the net along with the total number of architectures.
>
> Wow, we have real publicity people on our list! (Hi Don. :-)

Yes we do.

However, that's a phrase I would *never* use!  This is marketing
bullshit and doesn't need to reflect the real state.  Why should
it be better tested than e.g. one netbsd release?

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum