Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:57:36 +0100
From: Jonathan Heastie <jonathan.heastie@itevents.co.uk>
To: 'Matthew Vernon' <matthew@debian.org>
Subject: RE: Linux Expo'99 - Olympia 6th - 7th October 1999

Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry but I am not going to be able to give you a free stand at the
show.

Despite the fact that I am sympathetic to your cause, the problems derived
from giving one exhibitor free space are too many to mention.  I have over
45 companies that are investing over £100,000 with me and I cannot possibly
run the risk of antagonising them by taking money from them but not from
you.  Redhat and SUSE, for example, have spent considerable marketing funds
on the show and I am sure that they would not look kindly upon me giving one
of their rivals a promotional space at the event for absolutely nothing when
they had used up months of budget on just one event.

Do you appreciate my problem?  Can you suggest an alternative?  Is there
absolutely no money?

Regards

Jonathan