Re: Pricing Information

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 12:24:14AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > Debian is printing the TShirts.
> > Debian is handing the TShirts out at shows
>
> So the Tshirt is being made using Debian Donations and given away for free ?
Is that the plan?  Last LWE, they went out at cost.  SPI had bought the
shirts (Tim Sailor had them, sent them to Nils who sent them to Joey Hess).
The money collected (less some expenses incurred) went back to SPI.

> > The TShirts are going out "at cost" so it's "not for profit"  Nobody is
> > making profit on the use of the official logo.
>
> I'm not sure this is relevant.  The license for the logo is pretty
> straight forward.  Those TShirts do not ``contain'' Debian.  The only
> use on a TShirt that was apparently approved when I last asked, was
> for people on official Debian business (like Developers at
> conferences handing out free CDs).
>
> I don't really mind if this has changed, but I don't think it has.
It has changed, cleared with Wichert and the "not for profit" were his
words.

> > It's not a restriction on how WEARS the logo but who uses it.  Debian is
> > using it to create TShirts for publicity, popularity, etc.
>
> So if Debian produced stickers on the same basis, and gave them away,
> we'd have no problem with people sticking them on whatever they liked?
>
> What about sticking them on CDs that wouldn't normally qualify as
> ``official''?  I think not.

Oh geez, if I knew TShirt were going to cause this much problem, I wouldn't
have started this.