Re: Pricing Information..another logo use

On 7/22/99, 9:48:45 AM, "Darren O. Benham" <gecko@debian.org> wrote
regarding Re: Pricing Information:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 09:42:39AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > "Darren O. Benham" <gecko@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > What we're going to get (decided, now) is the official as pictured in
> > > http://www.debian.org/logos/officiallogo-100.jpg
<snip>

> I got that straightened out already...  The bottle can be used
because:
> Debian is printing the TShirts.
> Debian is handing the TShirts out at shows
> The TShirts are going out "at cost" so it's "not for profit"  Nobody
is
> making profit on the use of the official logo.

<similar logo thought>

I also used the "bottle" logo when it was "un-official",
( http://master.debian.org/~jwest/graphics/new-logo-test-small.gif )

I have used it as part of the graphics on Debian CDROMS.
( http://www.netnw.com/store/custom-disks-1.jpg )

As I read the /logos page, the use of the official logo
would also be allowed for "for profit", as in someone who
makes official Debian CDROMS.  And it could be used
on non-official CDROMS if they were "made using a documented
procedure as published on www.debian.org"  (ie slink_cd).

It seems that the "qualifying" measure is that it's used
on a Debian product, not that it is a not-for-profit item.

Are we trying to restrict the "bottle logo" use to
items produced by Debian?  As Debian produces no "hard goods",
it would seem that the "bottle logo" would not get
used at all.

Just an opinion...

--

Jim Westveer <jwest@debian.org>

I get to work, flick the excuse page over.
"ELECTROMAGNETIC INTERFERENCE FROM CELLULAR TELEPHONES".
Fair enough, it looks like it's going to be a good day.
Jim Westveer                      LAN Comp Systems
jwest@netnw.com                   14524 Issaquah-Hobart Rd
425-392-0141 voice                Issaquah, WA 98027 USA
425-557-0660 fax                  lcs.issaquah.wa.us
Fingerprint = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04