Re: need some opinions on this banner ad

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 10:36:37AM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> 1) Pencil can be distracting, but not overly so.. (w/o the extra frames)

So do I read that as a vote in favor of extra frames for the pencil?

[insert smartaleck quote about double negatives here]

> 2) Is it possible to get the animation to repeat? (do we want that?)

Yes. (No.) :)

My intention was to make the first few frames get the user's attention if
they're lucky enough to see the animation before it's finished playing, but
otherwise not annoy them. The last frame should stand by itself.

Also, no, netscape/whatever does not re-download animations every time it
repeats them. However I believe netscape 2.x had a really annoying memory
leak regarding looping animations.

And yes, looping animations have indeed emotionally traumatized me for life,
therefore I cannot participate in or condone such reckless behavior.

:>

> 3) Is "couldn't make up our mind(s)" something we want to say?  I don't
> know.. I just had a unimpressed feeling when I read it...

*ponder* - maybe not.

> I really love "most package/most people" phrase.  The whole over all tone
> is great and I wouldn't change that.

The other post claiming a newbie wouldn't know what a package is is valid -
perhaps "the most people - the most software" would be better?

BTW, lly.org was down earlier today due to a power outage.
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me" -- Everclear