Re: [Matthew_Graven@zd.com: Debian GNU/Linux]

On Tue 01 Dec 1998, Thalia L. Hooker wrote:

> > Support. Through our user mailing lists and IRC chat channel we provide excellent
> > support for users.
>
> I would add a few more:
> * commitment to free software, yet not giving up technical standards
> and stability...
> * number of package maintainers [I don't know this for a fact, but I
> thought I heard that Red Hat doesn't have a big staff, many be a
> handful; not that we would want to mention this, but just state the
> number of package maintainers]

Also mention the bug tracking system. I find this a very important plus
of debian; it's an easy way of finding out whether the problem you are
experiencing is already known, and if not, an easy way of contacting the
maintainer.  I think that this is something quite unique to debian, and
the existence of the BTS should be stressed.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands