Re: Partners Program

OK, I'll try to start something that describes what the 'Debian Partners'
program is and what it's trying to achieve.  I've tried to classify
different types of partnerships and list some criteria, but it's pretty
meager so far.  Once this gets to be of a decent size, I'll put it on a web
page.  I'm looking for a lot of feedback.  The more comments, the merrier!

Nils.

Debian Partners Program
=======================

What is the Debian Partners Program?
------------------------------------
 This program provides a way to recognize and reward companies and projects
that assist the Debian effort.  Since a these partners are providing a
service of some sort to Debian, we will officially recognize them and
maintain a good working relationship with them.

What are the criteria for Partners?
-----------------------------------
  There are several types of partnerships: hardware, software and service.
To be a partner, at least one of the criteria must be met.

Hardware Partners
-----------------
- they provide equipment to Debian (reduced cost or on loan)
- they provide a hardware based service to Debian (net access, etc.)
- they assist (or even lead?) efforts to port and maintain Debian packages
on the hardware

Software Partners
-----------------
- they should be the package maintainers for their software

Service Partners
----------------
- assist Debian in development and distributions of releases
- provide a forum for Debian's press releases and announcements

Some example cases and How They Fit
- Novare, VA Research
  o hardware partners
- CD Vendors