Re: About the (accursed) Penguin Logo.

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Luis Francisco Gonzalez wrote:

> Novare is the host of master. I think they are one of the vendors
> which have helped debian the most. (Murphy, the list server is also
> there and they have bought some of the parts themselves).
>
> So in fact it is one of the most committed vendors and one that
> definitively we should listen to.

OK, maybe I sounded a bit harsh when describing Novare as a vendor, I
now understand that Debian have great reason to be thankful towards
Novare. I didn't mean to offend Ean or Novare and apologize if I did
so!

But it still doesn't change my opinion about the logo. Even though we
don't want to get on the wrong side with our sponsors, and Novare in
particular I don't think that we should change our official logo
because one vendor doesn't want to use it in their advertisement!

/fax