Why don't we every see Debian articles on these sites?

 [ Sorry for sending this to so many lists; I want to reach a wider
   audience. ]

 I would really like to see articles touting Debian GNU/Linux on sites
 like this one:

 <URL:http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/filters/rc/0,14177,6020498,00.html>

 The commercial distributions hire PR writers to write press release
 articles that are submitted for publication on sites like zdnet.com.
 It would be very awesome if someone would get a little writing
 practice out of creating an article about Debian!  We are as good as
 or better than the commercial distributions, but the suits won't hire
 folks from the Debian consultants page unless they know Debian exists
 and see it as a viable alternative to the commercial distributions.

 Any tech/business writing students out there using Debian GNU/Linux?
 How about writing an (a series of?) article(s) and see if you can get
 "paid" by submitting it for a grade in your writing class?  Any
 professors out there who are Debian afficionados?  Please assign
 stuff like this!  Anyone using Debian on the job or to solve
 consulting problems?  Write us an article!

 Code matters more than commercials, but nobody will use it if they
 don't know it exists or don't take it seriously.  Perhaps the
 consultants listed on the Debian web site could toss some cash in a
 hat and pay a good PR person part time?  (I really like the Progeny
 "built on strength" slogan.  It's the perfect counter to the RHAT
 "Red Hat District" article.  Enjoy a virtual workout today!  Water
 please.)

 In particular, this article is the sort of thing that decision makers
 who control the purse strings are going to like the sound of... note
 the emphasis on monetary cost and value provided!

 <URL:http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/0,14179,2841690,00.html>

 Why don't I write it?  Because I'm just not any good at that sort of
 thing.  I have little business experience and don't come off well
 trying to talk about that type of thing.  I hate neckties.  One of
 you will be much better at it than I.

--
mailto: (Karl M. Hegbloom) karlheg@microsharp.com
Free the Software  http://www.debian.org/social_contract