Re: Claiming the "debian" account on GitHub ? (was: Re: Packaging on GitHub ?)

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 09:31:39AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I have not added links to their competitors, as I think that it would be
> bad taste, but yes, I invite every developer to consider Free alternatives
> such as Gitorious or Branchable.

I find it in poor taste to self-censor due to being provided a
"free service".  I think we should be supporting and promoting
free software, and compromising our principles due to such
considerations should be considered corruption.

I realize that plenty of people in our community do not have
such principles and are of the open-source bent, and thus
this would not seem sensible to them, just as am I thoroughly
horrified by the idea that we would owe anything at all to
Github because they are advancing their own success by means
of us.