Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 07:50:06PM -0500, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> maintainers aggressively alter the default User-Agent or some other
> indicator which would deny upstream their rightful due. Would you agree?

I reject and resent the idea that any software project has
the entitlement to profit off of my web traffic.

Treating the change of a query string as theft is as ridiculous
as broadcast TV stations telling me I'm robbing them by
skipping commercials.

I was horrified to see this attitude espoused in the Ubuntu-Banshee
episode.