Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 08:04:10PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > - The main risk I see in similar agreements is influencing our technical
> >   choices by the revenues. By making clear --- to them and to us ---
> >   that maintainers should be free to make technical decisions no matter
> >   the agreements, I'm relatively confident this risk is moot.
>
> How much money is expected?  I'm worried that strange things might
> happen if it's a significant amount.

I've asked for estimations of that, based on User-Agent statistics that
they might have. I've been answered that they don't have such statistics
(although it was not clear whether of "they = DDG" or "they = the person
I've been talking to" is the case). It looks like we'll have to try if
we want to find this out.

Considering we're talking about a non-default search option, I agree
with Mike that the share of our searches will be quite low. But I've no
idea how that would map to actual donations.

Cheers.