Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:50:03PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> I though think that the best way for all free software projects is to
> not make any such agreements to not impose any restrictions on other
> contributors to the project. I though do realize that not all projects
> can afford that.
>
> Disclaimer: I haven't read the whole discussion yet, just grepped
> through it (mutt patterns FTW! :-) to find the thread about upstream
> projects and checked if conkeror was already mentioned.

Frankly, I don't see why both cannot agree. By coming up with an
arrangement for sharing Debian searches and NOT changing $BROWSER
defaults, you are just allowing those hits to be recorder as $BROWSER
(upstream) hits as opposed to Debian hits, and Debian is not
compensated. This doesn't adversely affect upstream unless the
maintainers aggressively alter the default User-Agent or some other
indicator which would deny upstream their rightful due. Would you agree?

Thanks.

Kumar
--
We should start referring to processes which run in the background by their
correct technical name... paenguins.