Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:27:05AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Probably you missed the part of the email that says we should add
> t=debian by default to every new DDG search URL? I would suggest that
> it should be up to the users what t= should be set to when sending
> search requests to DDG, not Debian.

To be fair, they'd be fine with "t=iceweasel" as well, as I've mentioned
in https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2012/03/msg00120.html

> If DDG wants to donate money to Debian based on User-Agent then great,
> but I don't see how they can do that yet, given that many browsers in
> Debian probably don't mention Debian in User-Agent.

I've also checked this option, although indirectly, by asking if they
already have statistics to share based on User-Agent. The answer has
been negative. All in all, it is pretty clear that the person we're
interacting with has that option to propose, i.e. a rather standard
agreement whose underlying technical infrastructure is not his to
change. We can accept or give up, but it's likely not in our power to
impose how they do the accounting. That's life.

Cheers.