Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:27:38AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> I would lean towards doing nothing and pointing them at our donations page:
> http://www.debian.org/donations#money_donations

I already did. I've also shared DDG contacts with the DebConf
fund-raising team that is going to contact them for DebConf sponsoring.

If you also meant to imply that the two fund-raising activities (direct
sponsorship and the revenue sharing agreement) are mutually exclusive, I
disagree. FWIW, I don't think they're detrimental one another in terms
of collected donations either, because:

- donations is a one time effort that need periodic explicit action by
  both parties (us pinging them and them deciding "should we do that
  again?") to work in the long run

- for companies, the two are likely to be on different budget lines: one
  for "marketing", the other for "partnerships"

Cheers.