Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:27:38AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> I would lean towards doing nothing and pointing them at our donations page:
>
> http://www.debian.org/donations#money_donations
>
> If we want to spend time on doing anything else, it should be flexible
> enough that the outcome is chosen by the user, not Debian.

Maybe I did not understand it correctly in spite of reading through
the thread, so forgive me if I am repeating something or am incorrect.

The current default for some browsers in Debian informs webmasters
about which browser is being used. The user can, naturally, change it
to suit his/her needs. How does merely using this string to track hits
to DDG (with no changes to the default user-agent) change anything for
the user? They can track us anyway, right now, right?

Thanks.

Kumar
--
Be warned that typing \fBkillall \fIname\fP may not have the desired
effect on non-Linux systems, especially when done by a privileged user.