Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 07:38:19PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > there and not as an attachment simply because I haven't yet
> > explicitly asked if I can shared it publicly, but I doubt there will
> > be a problem with that.)
>
> AFAICS, section 5 of its Terms requires that the document be treated
> confidentially.

Yes. But we can ask for a different provision (and have it written
down), if we feel strongly about it.

> Anther interesting thing in there is a requirement that we inform DDG
> thirty days in advance of releasing changes to the implementation of
> the links to it.

It mentions before "product release". We can ask to clarify that will be
interpreted, in the context of Debian, as stable releases. But even in
the most strict interpretation (i.e. an upload), what we risk is that
the agreement will be recessed and we stop receiving the donations.
Money-wise it is not worse than the status quo.

Cheers.