Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On 12-03-27 at 11:26pm, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:39:43AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Sorry if it is just me: What is our end of the agreement - apart
> > from being ok accepting money from them?
>
> That's basically it, yes. Everything else is essentially ancillary
> stuff like governing law, that either part can break out of it, no
> warranties, how to dispute the traffic report if we want to, etc. The
> most important part of the information is the string we will use to
> identify Debian traffic (see Joey's point).

To me it is not "basically it" when there's legalese attached.

Do DDG simply encourage us to have our users use a certain ABI, and for
any of our users that do DDG wants to throw money at us?

Or do we somehow bind ourselves to a contract with DDG?

> In any case, the draft agreement is available in the DPL home on
> master, under agreements/, as usual. (Only there and not as an
> attachment simply because I haven't yet explicitly asked if I can
> shared it publicly, but I doubt there will be a problem with that.)

Either you've set the access rights too tight for that file, or I don't
understand why you are telling now where it is located.

 - Jonas