Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 03:09:17 PM Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> It's kinda like a short circuit: diversity statement accept everyone who
> accept the diversity statement, and if your {opinion|ideology|religion}
> doesn't comply with it you'll don't want - in the first place - to be
> part of a project based on diversity.
> It sound solid to me, but we can make it more explicit probably.

No.  I think that's not it.  I think the point is that you are welcome to
whatever {opinion|ideology|religion} and Debian still welcomes you.  If your
actions aren't consistent with Debian being broadly welcoming, then that is a
problem.

We can always be accepting of people of any opinion.  Trying to decide if
someone is having 'correct' thoughts to be in Debian is wrong.  The focus
should be on what people do (and communication is one aspect of doing).

Scott K