Re: DEP11 is CANDIDATE now!

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:42:25PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Together with Andreas Tille, we are finalising the first proof of principle of
> using debian/upstream files in YAML format to store additional metadata.  Our
> current approach is only tracking the latest version of a package (in Sid), and
> only tracking source packages that are managed in a VCS, so it may not be
> compatible with your project.

Remark:  The fact that we currently only respect packages managed in a
VCS is not really a requirement (at least as far as I do things) but
rather a because it makes fetching those files quite easy in the current
infrastructure of Debian.  I perfectly could imagine some mechanism in
parallel to the process which creates Contents-<arch>.gz which parses
Debian source archives and creates some Contents-Source.gz files which
could have a lot of interesting other uses.  Once this might exist it
could be easy to obtain such information.  To continue the raw thinking
a bit further I could imaging

  Contents-OrigSource.gz  (containing all the content of original sources)
  Contents-Debian.gz      (containing everything in debian/)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de