Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:38:39 +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
>
> > I can think of another thing that we care about, which I don't see
> > mentioned here: "We expect people to be constructive members of the
> > community."
>
> Agreed.
>
> And I think we are also not open to people who don't share these
> values, e.g. people with a racist, sexist, ... behaviour.

That gets to another troubling part of the draft: Are there not some
political opinions, even some religions, that we should discriminate
against as being detrimental to the goal of a universal operating
system?

--
 \      “Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity |
  `\        of the graveyard.” —Justice Roberts in 319 U.S. 624 (1943) |