Re: Report from DSA Team Sprint in Oslo

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:06:56AM +0100, Arno Töll wrote:
> Having that said, I wonder if we should discuss the possibility to
> pre-configure browser's search engines in order to provide Debian some
> income by referrals.
>
> I don't think that's a bad thing and doable without much effort but
> with a noticeable (huge?) gain virtually "for free".

Coincidentally, I've been discussing for the past 10 days with a search
engine company that is interested in donating to Debian part of their
incomes that coming from Debian users.  I plan to launch a separate
thread on -project on the subject, but it is pointless to do so before
we're sure that we can actually receive the donations (in terms of
bureaucratic requirements and cadence).  I'm currently waiting for
feedback on this specific point from SPI.  As soon as that aspect is
clarified, you'll hear back from me on this list, in more details.

Cheers.