Re: trademark licenses and DFSG: a summary

Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala@pp1.inet.fi>
> [...] A meaningful trademark license cannot permit everything
> permitted under the DFSG; at some point you do have to rebrand the
> software and remove use of trademarks to be allowed to further
> exercise DFSG freedoms (a limitation allowed by DFSG 4).

Hi! This looks like the unproven step. Why can't it?

I could have sworn I'd seen at least one: OpenJDK or something like
that - was it not meaningful in your opinion, has the law changed
since, or something else?

> [...] Try to understand what the actual issues here are, and then
> read through the thread again.

Careful!  No good lies in suggesting people who disagree with you are
stupid (cannot understand) or careless (did not read), especially when
many readers of debian-project have understood their arguments more
often than yours in the past, even if we disagreed.  It may be
possible to understand the issues, read the thread and still disagree
about the conclusions.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef