Re: FYI: Creative Commons 4.0 process starts

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 00:26:09 +0100 Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> So, to turn this into something even more useful: is there anyone
> willing to keep an eye on the CC process on behalf of Debian?
>
> The ideal candidate should be a license geek in agreement with the
> current position of the Debian Project on which licenses are DFSG-free
> and which are not.  We would all love if such a person will take care of
> reporting what is going on in the CC process, looking from a Debian
> angle, on a regular basis.

I subscribed to the cc-licenses mailing list and I will try to
participate in the CC-v4.0 drafting process.

However, I am *not* the ideal candidate that you describe, since I
*disagree* with ftp-masters on how CC-v3.0 licenses should be
considered (as many people on debian-legal and elsewhere are aware,
I am convinced that even CC-by-v3.0 and CC-by-sa-v3.0 licenses *fail* to
meet the DFSG).

As a consequence, I will speak for myself only.
I will try to explicitly clarify that I don't speak on behalf of the
Debian Project, whenever I feel that confusion may arise.

> Thanks for the heads up, Paul!

Indeed.
Thanks a lot to Paul for notifying us!

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/frx-gpg-key-transition-2010.txt
 New GnuPG key, see the transition document!