Re: Security guidelines for Debian people

On Sat, Nov 05, 2011 at 11:51:33AM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > This thread reminds me of a Dutch management book entitled "Managing
> > Professionals? Don't do it!"[1].
> >
> i agree, rules like that become silly, quickly. but if someone
> explains good "best practice" to me and motivates why it is
> better then the alternatives, and how to integrate it into your
> workflow and life, i certainly would be interested.

I do also agree with the general principle to not try to manage
professionals mentioned by Thijs but I would also welcome some
"best practice" document.  I was tempted to write a similar mail
as the other Andreas, but now just give a +1.

> > Indeed, I oppose the assertion that such guidelines are 'a lot better than
> > just having a vague and ineffable thing called "trust"'. Trusting DD's to
> > do the right thing is an important value for Debian.
>
> i agree 112%.

I agree 99%. (>100% is to much because we are human and I do not even trust
myself 100%.)

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--