Re: DEP-11: AppStream and Component Metadata for Debian

Le Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 05:28:50PM +0200, Matthias Klumpp a écrit :

> I would like to claim DEP-11.  As per DEP-0, I'm supposed to drop a
> line here[1] with the Title and abstract:
>
>     Title: AppStream and Component Metadata for Debian
>     DEP: 11
>     Drivers: Matthias Klumpp <matthias@tenstral.net>,
>                 Julian Andres Klode <jak@debian.org>,
>                 Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>
>     Abstract:
>      Proposal for an additional file in Debian repositories containing
>      information about components packages provide as well as
>      all data required for the cross-distro application manager
>      project AppStream[1].

Dear Matthias,

I marked DEP 11 as DRAFT on http://dep.debian.net/ and added a DEP 0 header on
http://wiki.debian.org/AppStreamDebianProposal.

Perhaps you can add a short explanation about what AppStream is for ?  I did
not find a short and simple introduction on the upstream web page.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Enhancement Proposals