Re: Private/authenticated APT

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 21:32, Stephen Paul Weber
<singpolyma@singpolyma.net> wrote:
> Has there ever been any interest in supporting private/authenticaed APT
> repositories (possibly by using oAuth or BasicAuth in the HTTP transport)?
>
> I've recently become interested in being able to do this, but I'm not sure
> it's possible with APT right now, though it seems it wouldn't be too hard to
> add.

BasicAuth is supported - either write the credentials directly into the
sources.list or use a netrc-like auth.conf file to store your credentials
(the later is only available in squeeze).

You could also use all kinds of SSL stuff for authenticate server as well
as the clients (X.509), just see
/usr/share/doc/apt/examples/apt-https-method-example.conf.gz
(some stuff was added since lenny here, but most should be available in lenny)