Re: FTPMaster meeting minutes

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de> wrote:

>  9. dak rm
>    Alexander helped our removal tool to gain a new option. From now on
>    we can close bugs associated to a package when doing a sourceful
>    removal. Obviously this is not enabled by default, but an option we
>    have to select whenever appropriate (not all removals mean all bugs
>    can be closed, like when its "just" a source rename), but this can
>    greatly help the QA team.

Will you also do the converse? unarchive and reopen appropriate bugs
(based on the version tree) when a source package is reintroduced into
the archive? Often a package gets orphaned and people who are
interested in it don't notice until it gets removed from the archive
and they then work on getting it re-uploaded.

> 21. untag pending bugs if a package is rejected
>    As the bugs fixed in packages in the NEW queue are currently
>    (semi-) automatically taged "pending", Jan Hauke Rahm suggested to
>    untag them, if a package get's rejected from NEW.  There's already
>    a patch floating arround, which needs to be reviewed and merged.

I assume you will also take over automatically adding pending tags to
packages in NEW?

--
bye,
pabs