Re: webchat/cgiirc on irc.debian.org

On su, 2010-08-22 at 23:36 -0300, Valessio S Brito wrote:
> The proposal is to have something similar to http://webchat.freenode.net/
>
> Using cgiirc on webchat.debian.org or irc.debian.org or .net

The one place I know that advertises a web IRC gateway is the Koha
project (http://koha-community.org/). I asked on their IRC channel, and
their experiences have been quite positive.

The least sophisticated people are unlikely to have much experience IRC,
and probably won't have an IRC client installed, so having a web IRC
client will make it easier for them to get help.

I'm afraid I have idea what it would take to set this up and operate it,
though. Does a free software implementation exist?