Re: [DEP5] [patch] Renaming the ‘Maintainer’ field ‘Contact’

On pe, 2010-08-20 at 16:52 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The fact that we're both expressing this in terms of "preference" means, I
> think, both that this doesn't meet Lars's "wave of opposition" standard and
> that we're not definitely in bikeshed territory. :)  I support Lars in
> deciding this question one way or the other so we can move on.

Well, this is hard. There's no clear consensus, so ideally we would
continue discussion, but this is really a pretty small point, so I'll
force a decision: I'll keep the Upstream-Contact and Upstream-Name
fields in the spec.

This will either let us move on to other things, or provoke a wave of
opposition, giving me sufficient reason to remove them from the spec,
and letting us move on to other things.

(Machiavelli was my pupil. All that he wrote in his little booklet he
learned from the masterly way I direct Debian discussions.)