On terminology

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Which is true, and it would probably be a good idea to clarify wording
> that refers to Debian Members, since that's not the terminology that we
> use in general and, with the existence of DMs, it can be confusing.
Nowadays, we're asking people to become Maintainers so that they can
become Debian Maintainers and *then* apply to the New Maintainer's
process so that they can become Debian Developers.

Am I the only one who has trouble -and getting laughed at- whenever I
try to explain these to potential contributors?

Can we _at least_ rename the NM process to be indicative of what it is?

Regards,
Faidon