Re: debian-private declassification team (looking for one)

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:53:13PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:

>> I had actually glanced at working on this earlier, but stopped after a
>> small bit of time, because it wasn't particularly useful, and because
>> the sheer amount of work that it would require to satisfy the terms of
>> the GR. (And frankly, the majority of the conversations in the archive
>> either aren't interesting enough to bother publishing, or are on topics
>> that such a large number of people will want their messages redacted,
>> that it's kind of useless.)

> Exactly. As DPL, I asked for volunteers for this back in Jan 2009 but
> didn't push it very hard. At the time, only a couple of people got in
> touch directly to say they were interested.

The GR was an interesting idea, but based on the number of debian-private
participants who, for anything that would be of any interest whatsoever
after three years, have said they don't want their messages ever
disclosed, I think in practice participants have spoken and have basically
vetoed any sort of effective disclosure.

People have gotten much better about pushing things out of debian-private
when they no longer become about things that need to be private, which is
probably the best solution anyway.