Re: How to (not) protect privacy

#include <hallo.h>
* Gerfried Fuchs [Tue, Mar 02 2010, 01:17:17PM]:

> * Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> [2010-03-02 10:57:28 CET]:
> > For context, Andreas is replying to http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=453
> > I'm not sure why people start discussions on blogs, when we have mailing
> > lists for that.
>
>  Maybe because you announce stuff on blogs when we have mailing lists
> for that.

Exactly. ATM I am the opposite of happy seeing such stuff happening
right in between of the Debian community. I expected to see at least a
bit of common sense WRT privacy protection rules from any fellow DD, but
apparently I was mistaken. What comes next, RSS feed straight from
debian-private?

> > The list of (package, subscribers) is already available to DDs on

To DDs! That's the point. I accept the permission to see such
information to a group that I thrust not to the whole world.

Considering this site being a strong privacy leak, I expect the
admins to restrict anonymous access to that database until we have
consens about its future.

Thanks,
Eduard.