Re: Debian money

2009-09-10, Steve McIntyre:

> Hi folks,
>
> Suggestions and comments from others
> ====================================

[...]
>  6 Fund other related projects
>
>    a Debian Edu. Clearly good for us to do - heavily linked with
>      Debian.

I think that this could be really interesting.
Another thing that could be done regarding Debian and education is
to do something ala (don't hate me) Ubuntu by preparing cds/dvds and
sending them to public schools from places with little/no resources,
which unfortunately tend to receive  privative software at *low cost* (!).
Note that I'm not referring to just "hey, let's giveaway free cds! \o/"
like Ubuntu does, but something more like the OLPC project.
The downside of this idea is that will probably be too expensive,
but OTOH 1 u$s =~ 4 $AR, and I'm sure that in many places the
conversion rate goes in a similar way.

Saludos,
Mauro

--
JID: lavaramano@jabber.org | http://lizaur.github.com/
2B82 A38D 1BA5 847A A74D 6C34 6AB7 9ED6 C8FD F9C1