Re: Switching the default startup method

Hi Holger,

<offtopic>

Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Montag, 31. August 2009, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>
>> By the way, piuparts may help breaking some init scripts, see:
>> http://lintian.debian.org/tags/init.d-script-sourcing-without-test.html
>> :)
>
> I dont understand, can you please explain how piuparts can help here?!

It could perform a check where /etc/default/* files are removed and then
attempt to run the init script(s) and see if they fail. The only problem I
can think about is how to control the started daemon, if any.

</offtopic>

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer