Re: Switching the default startup method

Holger Levsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Montag, 24. August 2009, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> The difference is that now many tests can be performed and the
>> bugs fixed;
>
> If this is true, and I believe it is, I will buy you a $beer next time we
> meet - and remember :-)

Heh, thanks :)

Here's the first set of new checks: #544221 more will follow, and some
others that can't be implemented in lintian are already being performed by
some scripts written by Petter.

By the way, piuparts may help breaking some init scripts, see:
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/init.d-script-sourcing-without-test.html :)

> P.S.: always questioning: why can't this be achieved with the way "we've
> always did it"?

The availability/lack of dependencies information is the main difference.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net