Re: Switching the default startup method

]] Andreas Barth

| * Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen@err.no) [090826 16:12]:
| > ]] Andreas Barth
|
| > | Our release policy tells in
| > | http://release.debian.org/squeeze/rc_policy.txt (please note the
| > | difference between conffiles and configuration files)
| >
| > I don't see anything in section 3 that makes it a bug for file-rc to
| > update its own configuration file, as long as the admin's changes are kept?
|
| As long as that file isn't marked as conffile, that is correct.

Given we're talking about file-rc's /etc/rcN.d/* equivalent (which is a
single file), can not be conffile.

| (Of course, "keeping the admin changes" includes to me "there must be
| no information loss during the handling", which leads to "there needs
| to be a way to undo the change". And none of these sentences is
| specific to file-rc or any of the other tools and packages discussed
| in this thread.)

Sure.

(I think I'm missing your point here, since you started quoting the RC
policy at me essentially retelling me the same thing I said in my first
message, and now you're doing it again.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen