Re: Switching the default startup method

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 08:37:09PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > What is broken with the usage of update-rc.d or the debconf switch?
> a) in my eyes low is the wrong priority as it changes vital system setting
> without further notice. Also a NEWS item would be useful. Another problem is
> that the changes are not revertible.

To stress this even further, I cannot see a reason why a change to such a
central component does not come with a question at the highest priority at all.

c) A debconf question that asked for enabling of an experimental feature must
not default to yes. If the feature is stable enough to be able to default to
yes, it shouldn't be called experimental.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo/Skype: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes@jabber.org