Re: Switching the default startup method

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 09:34:42PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:
>
>There is no good reason to break non-insserv setups, and it is not hard
>to allow other configurations to live on - just moving insserv to
>recommends would do the job! We have supported regular sysv-rc and
>file-rc for years, why should we just stop now?

"Supported" is rather a strong term for what we've had with file-rc;
it's never worked well compared to sysv-rc.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.