Re: Summary of the debian-devel BoF at Debconf9

]] MJ Ray

| Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no>
| > you seem to think that moving wnpp traffic off -devel would be useful to
| > make -devel more attractive?  Why do you think so?
| >
| > I think moving the traffic off would just mean fewer people would care
| > to review the wnpp mails and we'd be worse off overall.  I don't have
| > any numbers to back up that claim though, it's just a gut feeling.
|
| Personally, I'd be more likely to see the wnpp mails if they weren't
| in amongst the rest of devel.  I'm not sure whether or not I'd stop
| reading devel again if that happened.

Am I understanding you correctly in that the wnpp mails are a prime
reason for you reading -devel?

(Let's leave aside that it's easy enough to filter out the mails based
on headers for now.)

| In general, I suspect the above is true and it would reduce the
| number of people reading the wnpp mails.  What proportion of devel
| is wnpp email?  How frequently are they given as a reason by people
| who don't read devel?

About 1554 out of 8380 mails so far this year, so slightly less than 20%
of the mails are ITPs or follow-ups to ITPs.  As for the last question,
I have no idea.

--
Tollef Fog Heen