Re: Summary of the debian-devel BoF at Debconf9

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no>
> you seem to think that moving wnpp traffic off -devel would be useful to
> make -devel more attractive?  Why do you think so?
>
> I think moving the traffic off would just mean fewer people would care
> to review the wnpp mails and we'd be worse off overall.  I don't have
> any numbers to back up that claim though, it's just a gut feeling.

Personally, I'd be more likely to see the wnpp mails if they weren't
in amongst the rest of devel.  I'm not sure whether or not I'd stop
reading devel again if that happened.

In general, I suspect the above is true and it would reduce the
number of people reading the wnpp mails.  What proportion of devel
is wnpp email?  How frequently are they given as a reason by people
who don't read devel?

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software