Re: Summary of the debian-devel BoF at Debconf9

* Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [090817 23:42]:
> Regarding CCs, it was hightlighted that the current list conduct
> explicitely says (since a short while ago) people should refrain from
> complaining about CCs on-list and do this privately.  Further discussion
> made clear that most of the people present might consider getting CCed a
> small nuisance, but consider discussions about this much more
> disrupting.  Furthermore, some people actually like being CCed on
> things, though maybe more to attract their attention to threads they
> would otherwise not read (and not as direct replies to them).

I think that is not limited CCs: As annoying as some misbehaviour is,
having on-list discussion of behaviour of people is usually much more
disruptive. Perhaps there is a way to make a list for meta-discussion and
discourage all meta-discussion or mentioning of "fallacy", "ad-hominem"
or "strawman" on the other lists.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link